A Great Marinade!

As requested I am posting one of our favorite marinades. My wonderful Life Group left these kabobs marinating in our fridge as one of the many surprises they left us when we got home from picking Jon up from the airport after his year long deployment.

The marinade works great for any meat. Because I'm cheap I only make 1/2 the marinade.


Chicken Kabobs

8 boneless skinless chicken breast
8 fresh mushrooms
3 large squash
2 bell peppers
1 large onion, sliced into small squares
2 quartered oranges
1 can chunk pineapples
1 pkg. of cherry tomatoes

Marinade
1 can of frozen concentrated, thawed, apple juice (I've used OJ before)
1 cup of white wine (dry)
½ cup soy sauce
Dash of ginger
1/8 cup vinegar
1 cup olive oil
Black pepper and salt to taste


1. Cut chicken into 1 inch squares
2. Thread skewers with vegetables, fruit and meat
3. Place kabobs into shallow pan
4. Combine all of marinate ingredients and pour ¾ over kabobs. Save rest in fridge for basting while cooking
5. Marinate kabobs in refrigerator for several hours
6. Grill and baste with remaining marinate till done


Am I good or what? I even took pictures of the last time I made kabobs in case I wanted to blog about it!















Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing. Have to try it soon! donna

Gina said...

Oh.My.Goodness. That looks fabulous! So we were going to have cashew chicken for dinner tonight, we may be having kabobs instead!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's written down now :)~Mom

Post a Comment