All About Me . . .

Thought I would display the progress on our All About Me books.



We have really been enjoying our library books and movies and the great online resources we have found directed at learning about our bodies. (BTW, I currently have 60 books checked out from the library . . . I kind of feel guilty . . . ok, I'm over it.)


For the first part of the week we have been learning about eyes, nose and mouth. Here's a great link that took us on several learning opportunities around the web.



We talked about the meaning of our boys' names and that became the first page in their book. They drew pictures to represent the meaning of their names.


















We learned about healthy eyes and how they work. (Kaden had a lesson in forgiveness after Will scratched the picture of his eyes all up.) Talk about scratching your eyes out!



























































Ditto on the noses. Kaden's favorite things to smell - pudding, donut, guacomole (gotta love that!)





















Ditto on the mouths and teeth.






















Our verse is, "Use your whole body to do what is right for God. (paraphrased) Rom. 6:13



I bought little 4x6 photo albums at the dollar store and we just slipped each page in the pockets made for photos.


More to come on our books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And I get to see those little eyes, noses, and teeth every day :) ~Mom

deleise said...

Great unit! They will be pulling those books out to look at them for a long time. And they'll get a review each time they do!

Abbi said...

Great stuff!! So cute. When we were younger, my sister Arica used a pushpin to POKE my eyes out in about a half-dozen photos before my mom caught her. So...I know how Kaden feels. ;)

Post a Comment